Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thanks NWA!

I was planning a great post filled with all the wonderful images from this past weekend with the Keaty's, but thanks to NWA I am just arriving home now. A mere 3.5 hours than originally intended.

Note to self: fly Southwest. Their 6PM flight left and landed on time.

Our flight however, had a something wrong with its wing which is what made it late to Chicago. By the time it got to Chicago it was a horrible wintry mix outside (i swear winter follows me where I go) and we got to sit in the plane for 45 minutes while they de-iced the wings.

Now, through all of this I remained calm and stress-free. I swear it. I did some work email. I read my book. I got caramel corn. All was fine in the world.

And then at 10PM the flight attendant came on and said we would have to wait "just" outside our gate because security personnel were not in position yet.

And that is when I lost it. All of my patience was blown on some stupid secuirty personnel who couldn't seem to get in place even though they had almost FOUR FREAKING hours to do it.

But I am home...and ready to jump into bed. Stay tuned for a classic Finn video that I snuck in today...one to surprise even Mama and Dada...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gotta love air travel...thats why old dad hangs in vernon county...or anywhere the Ford can get him...

Glad to hear you made it home safe!

dad

Anonymous said...

Wings are good.
Uncle Todd