Sunday, April 19, 2009

Not Your Average Saturday

After running 8 miles with Katie B., and scoring some serious finds at the library book-sale, I was surprised with a text from Nate who instructed "There is a honey-do list in the car, please get it done"...Inside was a brand new coupon organizer (WHOO HOO!) and inside that was a gift card to Anthro and a gift card to get a massage.

It was a great birthday surprise, and I took him up on the afternoon to hit up Anthro.

We met up with friends in St. Paul for a great night of good food. And some shots...Marie was SO excited at my enthusiasm for Costco that she got us shots to celebrate. A scoobie snack to be exact, and it tasted like vacation. Yum!
The dudes were down 1 as Ryan was enjoying a boys weekend in NYC. BUT this also gave us the greenlight to check out Prohibition...sorry Ryan!



I know I have said this before and I know I am a broken record but I feel so grateful to have such a fabulous group of friends. With my family being strewn about in Wisconsin and Illinois, they are truly my second family and I love every minute I get to spend with them because they are FUN,supportive, thoughtful and downright amazing.
On a completely separate note, Friday night was my secret date. I took Nate to the Minneapolis Film Fest, and we saw the movie Is Anybody There?. It was really good, and really made me miss all of my grandparents.

Nate was shocked because HE had planned on doing HIS secret date today, and also had planned on the film fest. This is a first in almost 3 years of SDN's!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun filled weekend!!! Pretty quiet around the house with Finn gone....
Have a great week!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to celebrate your 27th birthday with friends. Looks like you had a great time. Sounds like Nate came through with some good birthday gifts. I am still waiting for that good idea, or hopefully we can do some shopping the next time we are in MN. Have a great week, Love, Mom

Kate said...

I love celebrating your birthday!! WE are the lucky ones to have such a wonderful, loyal and fun friend!