Thursday, April 16, 2009

On Being 27...

So my 27th year has begun.

It was a quiet beginning filled with a full work-day, a 4 mile run and an excellent dinner cooked by Nate complete with a HOMEMADE ice-cream cake.

It also included buckling down and writing my stupid paper for class. Yuck.

BUT the real celebration will start when we celebrate with our friends this weekend. It will be much different than the celebrations that Nate 'highlighted' yesterday. My guess is there will be no napping on a pole, or sitting in the middle of State Street crying because I am too drunk to get into a bar.

So that is it..I am 27. It is kind of a weird age...I am definitely not in my early twenties anymore, but I certainly don't feel like a full-fledged adult. I'm not sure when this will happen? Perhpas when there are little Nate and Greta Jr's running around? Who knows..How can someone who is working a full-time job, paying a mortgage and thinking about laundry and groceries NOT feel like an adult? I don't get it.

Maybe once I am done with school?

We'll see. Who wants to take bets on when I will feel like a 100% adult?

In the meantime I am going to enjoy my 27th year, and everything it holds in store for me. My final year of class. Vacations with friends and family. A great summer of running, biking and swimming (oh my!). And stuff I probably can't even imagine.

27 is my lucky number afterall.

4 comments:

Debra Fiterman said...

My guess: never. My grandpa used to tell me at age 88 that he still felt like a kid. This whole adult thing is something Disney created. HAPPY 27!!

Anonymous said...

Peter Pan...
speaking of which, do you know why Peter Pan flys?
You'd fly too if you got your peter panned.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

I predict adulthood will be branded when....a kidlet arrives....I bet your sister will second that!!! I think 27 will be a GREAT year!! Have a great weekend!

dad

Anonymous said...

not to make you feel older than your 27 years, but you are actually now beginning your 28th year, dear. happy birthday!