Monday, April 6, 2009

Chi-Town

Everytime I come back from a weekend in Chicago with Becca et al, I come up with these elaborate plans on how I am going to move there. It sucks to leave her and Nick and Finn because it is always such a good time.


And sometimes we don't even DO anything and it is a good time (point in case: mid-Morning nap Saturday...). Who wouldn't love taking a nap with Finn at 9AM?

We did do lots of stuff that was fun though! Becca took me to a GREAT Indian place on Friday. It was amazing. In fact it was all I could think about last night when I was in the airport eating stale caramel corn.

Saturday we napped, went for a good run, and then headed to Navy Pier. Finn was SO excited. You would say "Want to go to Navy Pier" and he would almost scream "OOOOO-k". Love this kid.


Thought Nate would like this picture..future bike partner.


We got to meet up with Meg and Emily for some AMAZING pizza. I would even go as far as some of the best pizza I have ever eaten in my life. Deep dish, with a crunch crust. It's actually blowing my mind a little right now.



It was great to see the 'other' Ekern girls. We have been further apart in distance almost our whole lives, so it is SO nice to have them in the same city and closer to me! It has been fun getting to see them more, and only hope that I see mroe of them!

And then there was Finnegan. I just love this little guy SO much. I can't even imagine what it is like to be a parent and the love that goes into that because I just think of how much I adore and love Finn, and then I think about how that must be multiplied by 1 zillion times when it is actually your kid.



Clearly, a love fest with Finn.
I have graduated from "Teta" and am now "Gweda"..
I gave Finn his first Peep and taste of other Easter candy.
Finn is a crazy alphabet lover. If the kid sees a letter of any sort he will say that letter outloud and then finish of the alphabet from that letter. Crazy.
He is talking more and I loved hearing him say "Octopus, dolphin, shark, turtle" from his Ocean book.
Mom will be happy to know I am prepping him for Syttende Mai by teaching him Uff-da.



Check out this video footage of the "alphabet monster" himself...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Alphabet show!!!! 4 days to Finn!!!

Dad

Meghan said...

I love that Finn was ahead of the song - he doesn't need silly songs to help him with the alphabet - he's too smart for songs! love it! good to see you!!

Anonymous said...

Great posts and ideo! I love that he said my favorite twice because he got ahead of the song - W or as Finn says "By U".
Can't wait to have you all home in a few days, Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

i must say that ekern girl photo may be one of the best taken of us 4...ever!

-baby cuz em