Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One Down

Apparently, I should not operate a knife after a long day at work, class, multiple loads of laundry and cleaning a dirty litter box.

Perhaps Nate should just take to cutting up all of my food for me.

Right now, I am dictating this blog post through Nate.

I cut myself and I bled and bled and bled some more.

Like a stuck pig.



Fortunately, Nate saw this coming as he always yells at me for how I cut and we have frequently joked about which emergency room we would go to when I sliced off a finger.


“Off” doesn’t quite define this incident, but it comes close.


Of course, neither of us was smart enough to grab our phones as we rushed out of the house so we couldn’t call to alert our loved ones.


Luckily, my finger is intact and is now adorned with TWELVE, count them, TWELVE stitches.


So feel free to call me because I am clearly not at work firing off any emails, and I am not up and around doing stuff around the house…





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, What a morning shock!!! How did my 2 girls never learn to use a knife? Nate and I are going to have to conduct some step by step lessons - with practice the next time you are home.
Ouch - take care and keep the pain killers on board.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Geez Gert.....You will have to take moms knives home with you...I don't know how to sharpen knives,so they are very dull and they wouldn't cut you up if you slipped...That is a nasty Owie....

Dad

Anonymous said...

So...by the pix you are right handed and like to grab the end of what ever you are cutting and I am surmising by the way the cut goes towards the tip and then turns back down you avulzed the skin and created a flap. If you are off work I suggest watching cooking shows, and focus on their cutting techniques...really focus! 12 stitches is a very impressive negative reinforcement to not do that again and maybe, just maybe, listen to your hubby, who is there by your side being an awesome nurse maid (hopefully not wearing Diva Doug apparel) but helping you with every beck and whim...and still you deny him the simple pleasures of WOW. Maybe this is Gods way of telling you something...just sayin...
If you have left over pain meds seeing as how I am in the medical field, I can properly dispose of them for you. Just send em on down. Remember, I am here to help.
Uncle Todd