Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Deal or No Deal: Blackberries

Yum. Who doesn't love out of season blackberries that actually taste delicous?

Well Costco has delivered these beauties week after week, and I continue to buy them:



I have without a doubt been brainwashed by my Costco-going friends because I would not have bought blackberries in March at Cub Foods in a million years. They would have been reallye expensive and I wouldnt' have trusted that they would be any good.
But bring-on the shining Costco endorsement and apparently I have no issues buying blackberries EVERY week.
The bottom line: $6.99
For 1 pound 2 oz.
At any other grocer, you would get a measly little pint for about $3.50-$4.00 (not on sale).
And I have purchased these bad boys about 4 or 5 times with zero spoilage. Go us.

4 comments:

Debra Fiterman said...

See what happens when you listen to your friends' advice? Costco is wonderful. Now I am going to continue my work on the Kindle. Soon, there will me many blog posts about how fabulous it is...

Anonymous said...

How many pounds in a pint? Where are these things grown that they have a year round supply?
Uncle Todd

Becca said...

Hello there!
It's me - your sister.
Those look like some tasty berries.
I can almost feel the seeds stuck in my teeth.

Anonymous said...

Bringing any home for Easter?
Vernon Co price is better when in season - drive to amish farm, bring your own container and pay about $4/qt picked. But year round - lucky you!
Is Costco giving you any advertising, marketing, cost analysis $ ?
Can't wait to have you home, Love, Mom