Thursday, April 23, 2009

Better Together

This week has been punctuated with a reminder that so many things are better together than by themselves.

Oreos and milk
We had milk and cookie day at work and I even broke my cookie ban for it because they had some serious kick-ass variety of old-school cookies. But..nothing beats Oreos WITH milk.

Running and Springtime
Running in the winter in MN sucks. It is dreadful. But it makes running in the spring so much better. I love running outdoors, smelling the mud, seeing the trees ready to burst, smelling the grills fired up for the first grill-out. Mmm....

Celery and peanut butter
We currently have about 5 bunches of celery--thank you Costco. I am determined to eat it all and not let it go to waste, so there has been celery and salsa...celery and hummus...celery and celery (which I personally do not recommend). But hands down the winner is celery and peanut butter. I love those little ants too, but they are not necessary.

Books and Blankets
I am not sure if it is a school complex or what, but I've decided if I am not curled up in bed or on a sofa with a blanket, reading is less enjoyable. Maybe it's because I do my school reading at the table. But at any rate..a blanket is a must to enjoy a good book.

Cooking and Nate
Cooking alone is fine and dandy, but my eyes are on the final prize, and the quickest way to it. But when I cook with Nate it is fun. We laugh, and joke and miss important directions which ultimately leads to more laughing and in some cases alternatives to the originally intended dinner. We have fun doing it. It allows us to quell the "try new things" urge with new recipes instead of jumping out of planes, which I am sure my Mom appreciates.


So there is my list...and that is all just from this week. Imagine the dynamic duos that must be out there.

So what do you say...what is your dynamic duo of "better together?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicki has learned not having skills means you carry the concrete blocks alone (and move the same blocks to 3 different locations...alone) Having skills means you install new roofs shoulder to shoulder with your favorite husband...uh that would be me in case you were wondering...Nothing says I love you more than tearing off an old roof.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

BEER and Euchre!!!

dad

Anonymous said...

Coffee and Sweets/chocolate is one of my favorite combo's.

Mom