Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ants in my Pants

I can't sit still. I can't focus. I can't concentrate.

I am suffering from early onset adult attention deficit disorder.

I try to figure out why I get like this and it all boils down to time. Duh, right? But seriously there are just SO many things I want to do in my life. So many things I want to do before I'm 50. Before I'm 30. Before May. Before midnight tonight.

It is thinking of grandiose ideas and plans for my job, or daydreaming about what book I am going to start next. It is considering studying abroad in India, and planning all of the great adventures Nate and I will go on in the next few years.

The good news of EOAADD (see above) is I think it boils down to being extremely happy. I think this happiness I am feeling is being exuded through the thrill of possibility. The possiblity of all of the great things that are still to come. And there are so many things..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with having the HAPPINESS and DREAMING ABOUT THE GOOD THINGS coming bug...:)) My Good Things Happening Bug starts tomorrow, off to the Chip I Go!!

Have a great day!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Keep your head in the clouds and your feet on the ground. You can do this by being in a fog, being really tall, or standing on top of a mountain enjoying the view. You are doing something right because it sounds like the mountain came to you.
Uncle Todd

Becca said...

WOW Todd! That was a really nice post. Ditto to what he said. And I need some of that feeling, send it my way.