Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Two

We’re back in action after a beautiful long weekend away to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. While we were only there for 4 days, it seemed like such a long trip which was great. Normally, when we travel we have a few adventures in mind, but this trip was all about Relaxing (yes, with a capital R) and enjoying our resort.




First and foremost, I breathed a sigh of relief to learn that yes, in fact Luxury Link is legit. And man did we love our little package. We got breakfast every day, and spa credit every day. Even Nate got a manicure…check out these shiny, buffed fingers. I kept telling Nate that Ryan would be so impressed with him….


We also took in the weather (which I lovingly referred to as “smog”shine, because let’s be honest in LA there is a pretty consistent coating of haze which can only be created by having 15MM people residing in one little valley) via lots of running. There was running on the trails at our resort, and running in Hermosa Beach.



We went to an AMAZING place for dinner called Street. This place bases their menu off of popular street food from around the world—tapas style. Everything we had there was absolutely incredible. If you are ever in the LA area Check-It-Out.




And, I’m not going to lie…there was some of this:



But I am happy to report that I started and finished my 10 page piece of crap ethics paper and will hand it in tonight. Nate was so proud of me for truly embracing the “B” attitude…we’ll see if it even chalks up to a B. Ugh.

So, here’s to the end of our 2nd year of marriage. I can only say that I am one lucky woman to have such a kind, caring, generous, supportive husband who lets me be me and loves me anyway. There will be a belated anniversary treat coming to the blog soon....

4 comments:

Scorpicon said...

Aw, yay! I'm so happy you guys had a great time!

Here's to many more awesome anniversaries!

Anonymous said...

Nate, I think Reid needs to so show you a musky manicure. Do manicures come with happy endings?
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad you had a fun, relaxing vacation. You 2 make a great couple and continue to bring out the best in each other.
HAPPY 2nd Anniversary TODAY!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!!!! YOU TWO DID MANAGE TO R&R....GREAT!!!! TOF