Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Like a Bad Dream

I am returning to Minneapolis after almost a week away. What started as a business trip to Cincinatti turned into a surreal tragic dream.

My Uncle Arthur was killed in an accident at work on Thursday. Nate and I left as soon as I landed in Minnaepolis to be with my family. It was comforting to be with everyone, to celebrate his life, rekindle the fun memories, and shed tears with those that felt the same thing.

All I can say is that it still feels like a dream. Art was full of life, young at heart and as many said 'invincible.' I think most of the family is still in shock. I know we are blessed with so many caring and supportive people that all of us.

It's times like this that I wish I could be as eloquent as Emily S. to really bring what my family experienced this weekend, and how it will continue to affect us for years to come. When you lose someone who was such a great person, and was loved by so many it's impossible to describe that loss in words.

And so I will leave it at that and thank everyone for their kinds words, visits, help with Lucy, emails, cards, and hugs the past week.

6 comments:

Debra Fiterman said...

I've been thinking about you all week wondering what I could do or say. I am so sorry...sending LOTS of love. Can't wait to hang out soon. xo

Scorpicon said...

It's definitely hard to think of anything meaningful to say. But if you want some one to listen, I'll be here.

Anonymous said...

Death is the end of life, but not the celebration of it. As long as we think, love, laugh and cry as we remember them well, our dearly departed will live on with us forever. Mankind has not yet created the appropriate words to convey how sorry we feel for your loss. Fortunately God has given us the physical means, a hug, a kiss, a tear, a good deed... Remember them well.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

I need to clarify in the first sentence "Death is the end of life, but not the end of the celebration of that life". After reading it again it did not make as much sense to me now as much as it did at 5:30am.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

GREAT TO SEE YOU GUYS DESPITE THE REASON WHY...WE HAD OUR DISCUSSIONS ON THAT..HOPE THE TRIP WAS RESTFULL ..HOPE TO SEE YOU BOTH SOON...UNDER BETTER CIRCUMSTANCES...LOVE YA...TOF

Business Cards said...

My condolences... sorry to hear about your uncle. :(
Death really is inevitable, and someday, we'd get to meet ours too. The important thing is to cherish ours and our loved-ones life as long as we can.