Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Candy Day

Yes--Halloween is all about the candy. In fact, if it was still socially acceptable I would dress myself up and knock on doors to get some free candy. What else could be better?

Questioning the extent of my candy-loving? Check out the look in these eyes....clearly exxcited that I have EIGHT of one type of candy.




Oh the tradition of it all. Becca and I would always come home after ransacking Viroqua, dump all of our candy out on the paper, and I would being the process of very carefully bucketing each and every piece of candy. Creating a sugar inventory of sorts.

Of course I would demolish mine in one weekend, and Becca's would last until Easter.....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Greta that is the best picture!!! Some things never change:)

Anonymous said...

THAT IS CLASSIC!!! A true Greta expression, even today!!! Definetly put a smile on dads face this rainy/snowy am...

Anonymous said...

I REMEMBER IT WELL...THAT SURGAR HIGH CANNOT BE MATCHED WHEN IT COMES TO YOU GERTIE...TOF

emily said...

what is it with your sister? after our run this week, there was a cupcake at our house with her name written all over it. and she didn't eat it. she said she COULDN'T?! who can't eat a cupcake??
i don't get it...
i had to eat my own, AND hers.

Brochures said...

Haha~ she does look "exxcited" on that photo. Such a priceless reaction!
Why not help Becca finish her candies as soon as possible? (if you know what I mean, LOL!)

Anonymous said...

Great Memory Photo! We have found lots of old photos of Greta lately - full of expression. One is more precious than the next. Love to you and Nate, Mom

Becca said...

THIS is classic Greta.
You to the "T" or should it be "C" for candy.
I love how I am lounged back with a pensive look...probably thinking to myself, "where can I hide this so that loony won't find it!"

CANDY 4 LIFE!