Thursday, October 22, 2009

300!!!

A kind friend pointed out to me that my next blog post would be my 300th post!!

For some reason when you quantify it like this it seems like a lot to me. 300 posts about life, about thoughts, about loves and hates, about food, and admittedly sometimes about nothing.

I owe it all to Becca really. It's the typical little sister deal...she starts something cool and I snag the idea. If she wasn't so cool I wouldn't copy her, but she is so I do. Follow?

Anyway, as I think back over the almost 2 years that I have been blogging, what strikes me is how connected I feel to everyone that comments, (and of course those people who aren't sure about the commeting deal but still keep up with what is going on). In this life where sometimes it feels like technology is taking over, and making things more complicated, demanding more out of us each day, it feels good to know that good things come from it as well.

From my friends who ask me about "Uncle Todd.." and "is he really your uncle because he is HILARIOUS", to those who say one of their favorite parts of their day is 'checking in on Nate and I', it feels good to know that even though Nate and I are up in Minneapolis, those who can't be with us in proximity, can still be with us.

Family, friends, and those who happen to stumble upon this meager blog...connected. For the person who is always quick to exclaim that "one of my favorite things ever is to have all my family and friends together in one place..." the blog helps me do that a little each day.

So thank you to all of you who keep up with us, support us, and add to our story. Without you, this blog just wouldn't be the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IS a milestone!!! You have many "closet" blog readers, they all enjoy your musings!!!
Have a great weekend!
dad

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big CCC (roman numerals are more impressive eh?)
This blog thing is pretty cool, and I still refuse to text. As long as I don't wake up dead, I'll keep checking in.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

KEEP THEM COMING KIDDO!!!! TOF

Business Cards said...

Congratulations on your 300th post! I swear, I almost broke out a "ahoo! ahoo!" upon reading that title. Wishing you more blog memories! :)