Sunday, October 25, 2009

NANCY Express

Move over Nigella.

Nate and I needed the SURE thing today. We weren't willing to risk a dud recipe on this cold fall day.

So we headed to our Nancy (also known as Mom) recipe box, and pulled out an old stand-by-sure fire classic: Cream of Broccoli Soup.

Mmm Mmm Mmm....
And as an added bonus we made Manicotti from the Nancy box for game night. Another sure fire hit, with the super double bonus of a week's worth of lunch for Nate!!

While it is always fun to try new things, it I find comfort going back to those things the I grew up with. I am sure my Mom is rolling her eyes reading this post because I think from the age range of 10-18 I wouldn't even touch this soup, and now here I am making it on purpose.

Just another one of those moments where I realize that maybe, just maybe I am actually an adult and not still 21.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't go wrong with Mom's Recipe box...as long as you steer clear of the salmon loaf or tofu stir fry...Only bad meals in 33 years!!! Now if I can convert you to Ham DuJour...Yum-OOOH!!!
dad

Anonymous said...

Ah the great memories of my mom asking me how I wanted my scrambled eggs burnt for breakfast...good eats...to this day I like to put ketchup on eggs.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the old standbys. I have a bunch of new ones so you should bring the box home and we can add some. It is definately soup season. We had the chicken tortilla and cream of cauliflower this past week. Loved catching up on the blogs. The pumpkins looked great. You should see the 2 we got with our names in the mouth (thanks to one of dads friends) Love Mom

Printing Postcards said...

Boxed soup. Awesome stuff.
My mom likes putting a twist to soups in can. She often puts eggs, carrots or just more vegetables in it. Of course she forces us to eat it too. Haha :D