Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Monster Dash!


No, I am not singing the lyrics to an awful Halloween song wrong.

Nate and I hit up the Monster Dash 5K this morning. I was a little worried about it being so cold, but was yet again reminded that if you dress right 38 degrees can seem warm. Plus I got to test out my new running tights.

Anyway, it was fun. It was a great release from the week. Actually too good of a release as I had a migraine after the race..but that's just what happens somtimes

We weren't uber prepared on the costumes. But a friend of mine went with me as "The REAL Cheerios"...get it? From Glee? You know where the Cheerleading squad is called "The Cheerios.." Well if you knew that, and you knew that we both work on the Cheerios brand then it would be funny.

Trust me. It would have been hilarious.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quick costumes...get a lemon and a potato, push a small rope thru each and wear them like a belt. Greta with the lemon is a sour puss and Nate with the potato is a dictator.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Seriously.......where does Todd come up with this stuff. TOO funny. Love Ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

I actually went to a Rockford Icehogs hockey game as the dictator and won a prize. During intermission they had me stand on a bar stool to help show off the costume. Of course I had to lift up my hockey jersey I was wearing so they could see the potato...I found out from Vicki that from a distance the potato took on a more phalic form, once again letting her have another "I am so proud of my hubby" moment.
Uncle Todd