Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolution.

Last year I made many resolutions. Like 10+. Of which I kept like 2.

This year I have made 2.

1) Say what I mean.
2) Mean what I say.

It's simple really, and quite all emcompassing. A fitness resolution could fall under this, a 'try new things' resolution, a 'be less scary' (as per nate's request) resolution, etc.

All resolutions fit under these two tiny little statements becasue it boils down to not being all talk and no action, and being honest about what is going on in my crazy little head. For example, if someone says "could you give my dog a bath tomorrow?" and I don't want to, I will say "No, I can't," instead of doing it and being angry about it, bitching about it, resenting them, etc or making up some elaborate excuse about why I can't bathe their stinking dog.

Really random illustrative example, but you get my point.

Happy 2010!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes, remind me not to get a dog:))). Sound resolutions in my opinion...sounds like you could be a Co-Blogger on my BS blog site...!! No is not a hard word to say...
dad

Nate Hanson said...

Um, I am technically more scared of you since my name didn't even get a capital "N"... I guess you can only go up from here.

Anonymous said...

We have two dogs that will need bathing. Loki likes to go in the river alot. I always seem to be doing my hair when Vicki takes them in the shower...good planning eh? Thanks for the offer!
Uncle Todd