Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Things you eat...

I'm sure you are all sick of the blog posts leading up to the big Thailand trip..but stick with me for just tonight, because we leave Thursday so this will be the last of them...

We decided to try to go the 2 weeks leading up vacation without buying ANY groceries. I'm not sure why we imposed this 'challenge' on ourselves because let me tell you there are things like milk that you realize are a staple to many meals.

Anyway, tonight I had a big bowl of popcorn for dinner. Last night I ate nothing. The night before I had popcorn...are you sensing the theme.

This theme doesn't carry through to Nate. His staple is very clearly PB&J. He even got resourceful and took out a loaf of frozen bread dough to make more bread when the store-bought bread was gone.

So I'm thinking some fresh pad thai for me, and crickets on a stick for Nate is sounding pretty darn good right now......

4 comments:

Nate Hanson said...

mmmmm....crickets

Anonymous said...

Nate, way to keep the hunter gather skills honed.
Uncle Todd

Steph said...

Hope you two have a great time on your trip. Did I mention I am soooo jealous ;)

emily said...

have so much fun, greta and nate! i'll be thinking of you guys!