Saturday, January 16, 2010

Old Habits Die Hard

Ok, most of you will undoubtedly feel this blog title is stomach-turning, inappropriate, or something in between after reading the following gripe:

Lucy's death growl is out of control.

EVERY FREAKING MORNING at 3:15AM she jumps off her chair, clickety-clacks into our bedroom (because her nails are SO brittle you can't trim them short anymore for fear they will break off entirely) and stands at the edge of the bed, on MY side and does this bone-wrenching meow. In my face.

Nate keeps telling me we need to "ferberize" her. I don't even know how to spell that, but here is what I do know:

1) Nate just heard that on Modern Family (which by the way is the best show ever) and aspires to be as funny as that show so continues to say this hoping it continues to be funny. It does not.

2) If we are having to ferberize anything, we may as well make our first adventure of 2010having children instead of the planned rock-climbing adventure, because seriously we are suffering from some lack of sleep here people. Because of our cat.

I know I shouldn't complain, because I probably will want to death meow when I am 145 years old too. But I fear this, now pretty consistent in the last 3 weeks habit, will only die when...well when Lucy dies, or we finally find her hidden battery that is secretly keeping her alive and we can unplug her--just for the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK....JUST PUT HER IN THE BASEMENT AT NIGHT WITH NITE-LITE,SOME FOOD(MAYBE SHE'S HUNGRY DURING THE NITE---I USUALLLY AM),SOME WATER...AND LET HER RIP...OTHERWISE MAYBE SHE HAS A MEDICAL PROBLEM(OTHER THAN BEING A SENIOR CITIZEN)...CALL THE VET...I THINK YOU HAVE ENCOURAGED THIS BY RESPONDING TO HER...WE ALL HAVE OUR TICS...AND HERS IS VOCAL!! HANG IN THERE...SHE'LL WORK IT OUT BUT MAYBE NOT UNTIL SHE DRIVES YOU GUYS AROUND THE BEND...TOF

Anonymous said...

At least it is only once a night. You both are young and active, why not take it as the morning wake up, lace up the studded tennies and bust out an eleventeen K run before work...
here to help...
Uncle Todd