Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cooking Light: Episode 2

I don't want to jinx us very early on in 2010, but we are REALLY feeling our 2010 cookbook. The recipes are good, and (for some reason I am just now putting this together) really healthy (hence the Cooking Light I suppose).

This week's lesson was "Learn to Broil" and our recipe of choice was: Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pork Chops.

One  side note, I need to SERIOUSLY plug Costco for their ridiculously cheap pork chops, which were also tender and delicious.

Anyway, back to the recipe. One of the easiest meats to prep EVER. Broiling is fantastic. It took us 12 minutes to broil these fat old pork chops. Brilliant.



The OPL ( I threw that in there just for you Dad) was that Broiling rocks our world. And so do pork chops. That are stuffed with cheese.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! What is OPL? Ever catch the cooking show with Tina Nordstrem? She is skandahoovian, cooks outdoors and has little adventures each show, like reindeer races -being pulled by the reindeer while on skis- and then eating them. Good eats.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

I'll bite too....what is OPL...Bring that recipe home next time...looks like something I could..!! And I love pig...

dad

Heather Rose said...

I'm a veggie, but that does look tasty. It may be safe to say that anything stuffed with cheese looks tasty.

Anonymous said...

HMMMMM...BET THOSE GOOD OLD IOWA CHOPS WE HAVE HERE WOULD BURN UP MIGHTY TASTY!!!...I'LL GET SOME TO SOMEHOW,SOMEWAY...TOF

Becca said...

I'm starving now.
Thanks :)