Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First vs. Last

Today was the day.

Nate had his first class of his MBA career at Carlson, and I had my first class of my last semester. (Can I get a hallelujah?).

Never has there been such an easy opportunity to visually depict the difference between first day of class and first day of last semester...

Case in point: Nate's notes from Accounting




And...my notes from Consumer Behavior.


Does this make me a bad student? Maybe. Do I care? No. Although I am regretting my decision to challenge my professor on an example she used Cheerios for (hey..she should have done introductions like every other professor I have ever encountered, and not talked about herself and her published books for 1 hour and then she would have known she had someone in the class who worked on Cheerios)....ANYWAY, Since most grading is subjective, and I have learned that in general people don't like to be challenged in their expert area, I figure next week I need to focus on being sickly sweet.

Ah...school days.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm sure you classmates and professors just LOVE you! :) You don't really need to be going to these classes since you could probably teach them yourself! Good luck in your last semester! and have fun in Thailand!

Anonymous said...

At least by making the challenge the professor should know at least 1 student is paying attention and showing interest. Now you can start the cerebral jousting...
Is Thailand on different power from the US? Do they have lectricity over there???
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Ah Yes...Nate's journey will be closely supervised by his spousal unit, I'm sure...
What an accomplishment you guys are up to...not too many couples will have resumes like yours!! Congrats!

dad

That Kind of Girl said...

Dude, I've always found that to-do lists written in classes are 150% more thorough and useful than to-do lists written during any other time. (If only because one always writes them extra carefully to avoid paying attention!)

Anonymous said...

RELAX AND ENJOY THE TRIP...MY CO-WORKER SAYS THE BEACHES ARE TO DIE FOR...PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!!! BE CAREFUL AND HAVE A GOOD BLOG FOR US WHEN YOU TWO GET BACK...AND LUCY WILL BE FINE AT G/G EKERN'S...BET SHE SLEEP THRU THE NITE TOO...HA!!!LOVE TO YOU BOTH...TOF

Amy J said...

Please explain...'repack' on your list.