Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Nigella Express: The FINAL Episode

 Drum roll.......the final recipe of Nigella and 2009 was Homemade Mac N Cheese.

Now one would think you can't screw up Mac N Cheese. There is macaroni. There is cheese. But in this recipe there is also eggs, nutmeg, evaporated milk, some other stuff.

I think the failure came in when I decided we needed to just use up the cheese we had vs. buying the cheddar cheese the recipe called for. Frugal Greta killed this recipe.

It still tasted ok, it just looked awful.


And so concludes our year of Nigella Express. It's no secret we weren't completely enthused with Nigella. Maybe it was the cookbook. Maybe it was our lack of willingness to try some of her weird stuff. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy to close this book and open our next one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still looks good. mac n cheese is like a base that must be added to. For example toss in a can of tomato soup then add meat - preferbly left overs. On the nights I let my hair down I have even been known to add veggies...oh and cook with beer, it's makes it taste better.
Happy New Year.
Uncle Todd

Heather Rose said...

I am ashamed to say I can't remember the last time I had mac and cheese. I ooze in and out of veganism, but oh how I love cheese.

P.S. I can screw up *anything*.

Anonymous said...

Heather, remember vegitarian is an old indian word for bad hunter :)
Uncle Todd