Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wedding Weekend

I haven't been feeling the blog recently. Perhaps it is because my camera is broken, and the only other option I have is a massive old-school camera that is being held together by masking tape.

Or the fact that work has been exhausting recently. For many reasons. And that is all I can say about that.

I am still waiting for Nate to get in here and write his first entry :)


So this weekend has been filled with wedding fun as Nate's friends from college Souman and Kelly got married last night. It was a traditional Hindu wedding and it was spectacular. The wedding sari, the ceremony...everything was perfect (including the amazing weather). We even got to dance to Jai Ho which was pretty sweet. Nate and I were wishing we had memorized the dance prior to the wedding so we could bust out some serious dance moves.

Souman and Kelly's parents were both gracious hosts and you could absolutely feel the love between the two families. Souman's Mom told a precious story about Souman and said the kindest, welcoming words to Kelly. The first fast dance found Souman and Kelly's moms and sisters dancing arm linked in a circle. It was very special to feel and see the love in the room.

Having gone through the wedding process (and it IS a process) myself, and knowing I will never have another wedding day (god willing), I have super mixed emotions at weddings. I am overjoyed for our friends and family that are getting married and starting their lives together. But I feel this weird sense of sadness knowing we will never have all of our friends and families in a room together (except at our funeral...I"m just saying).

Perhaps a wedding vow renewal (a.k.a. excuse to throw a big party) will be in our future so we can truly surround ourselves with those that love and support us.

And of course we can do Jai Ho choreographed dance.

Congrats Souman and Kelly!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Glad you had a nice time at the wedding! It sounds FUN. I love Jai-ho by the way. I think we should just have a big party and just get drunk and dance to awesome Indian tunes. Let's get that on the calendar for 2010.

Anonymous said...

Weldings and funerals are really the same cuz somebodys life is over...
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Oh Todd! Seriously what would you do without your righthand Gal?
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Lol! Nancy she has turned into very good construction help! An accountant who can run a chop saw and nail guns...can't beat that eh?
Uncle Todd