Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Early Bird Gets the Book

Library book sales are one of the best things in the whole world. Walking out of the library, I seriously felt a little bit like a pirate with all of my loot. And I also felt a little like a thief because of the ridiculous amount of books I got for nothing.


Look at the titles! The authors! Kate Furnivall, Sara Gruen, Lisa See, Amy Tan, Joshilyn Jackson, Ken Follett----all authors of books that I have previously read and adored.



But you see at the library book sale you pay $.50 a book. FIFTY CENTS. You can't even buy a candy bar for that anymore.



Which means that I got 24 books for $12. Or to bring this point home, less than I would pay for ONE book at Barnes and Noble new.



Do I need these books? No.

Do I care? No.

Does this curb my insane urge to buy a book everytime I am in Target, Costco or any other store that maybe just maybe sells some books? Yes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! YOU HAVE CAUGHT IT!!!!! BOOK-ITIS!!!!!!!! AND I KNOW IT WHEN I SEE IT!!!RUN, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE OR HAVE NATE START BUILDING THE BOOKSHELVES NOW!!!!!! I THINK THERE ARE MUST WORSE VICES....BUT IT CAN GET OUT OF HAND.. YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL THOUGH...HAPPY READING/...TOF

Jamie said...

The library and I have started a crazy love affair this summer. I'm working on reading my way through it :)

That Kind of Girl said...

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous. $12 doesn't even buy one new paperback! Of course, it's so easy to fall into the trap of just leaving them on the shelf. But worst-case scenario, you can just trade 'em for other awesome books on bookmooch.com!

I also feel like a(n honorable!) thief when picking up books for a song, but then figure: 1) hey, at least people like us are keeping literature alive, and 2) someone else will inevitably gain from this bargain when I donate the books back to another library during my annual donations!

Becca said...

OOOH! There really is nothing like a good deal. And especially when that good deal is NEW READS. These looks like some good ones ;)

Anonymous said...

Nate you got it made...with these new books you now have coasters for the 1/8 filled water bottles you have randomly staged on purpose for bunny ammo.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

I love to read! Congrats on your finds! I need to find one of these book sales myself. Man books are expensive these days...

thewheverblog.blogspot.com