Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Honest Scrap


So, Emily of This Family Squish, must be adding in her own brilliant narrative over what I write when she reads my blog because she recently doled out the "Honest Scrap" Award to my blog. No seriously, this girl makes me cry like twice a week when I read her blog because she is such a good writer.) Which of course means another fun blog game that includes an honor from fellow bloggers.


Here are the rules:
A. Choose 7 blogs that I find brilliant in content or design.
and then:
B. Show the 7 winners’ names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they have won the Honest Scrap award. [Like Emily I'm not doing that part... if you are one of my nominees and you want to participate, take this ball and run. If you have other things that you'd prefer to blog about and time is of the essence, I completely understand.]



Drum Roll please....Here are my 7 blogs of brilliance:
1.Smitten Kitchen









C. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

1. When I eat Wheat Thins I have this weird urge to chew up the crackers and then spit the chewed up cracker back onto another cracker. Hey..it said honest.


2. I sometimes measure out salt or sugar in my measuring spoons and then don't wash them.


3. I like popping blackheads.


4. I worry too much and know that I overshare during those times of worrying. But I also recognize my truest friends accept that about me.


5. When I am bored in class I start by making my to do list for the entire week (like what nights we have stuff going on, when I'm doing laundry, etc..really exciting stuff like that) and then if I am still bored I make a 5 year plan (when I will be done with school, when I will rotate, when we will travel, buy a new car, have babies...etc). Anal, over-organized and totally unrealistic...yet theraputic at the same time.


6) I miss show choir and theatre from High school and really want to try out for community theatre.


7) I have no morsel of regret completely rocking any spiders world with bug killing powder, spray or any household cleaner that may be available.


8) I hold myself to really high expections...and I hold those around me to those same standards which gets me into trouble sometimes.


9) For being raised on the statement: Life isn't always fair, I have taken an odd stance on being the "justice police" in random situations and being outspoken on some weird stuff.


10) I am scared to fail. So much so that I will admit that just to fulfill my 10 honest things about myself and complete this blog game.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got some bad news for you Gert....You mom has befriended a rather large spider...It has taken up residence outside of the deck doors...I caught her talking to it the other day...

dad

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to tell you about the awesome spider. It is big, yellow & brown, and has a huge web across the deck door. I guess we have to be different in a few ways...1 more to add to the list. 6.can't wait to see you back in the theater. 9. Please give an example of your justice policing. Loved the post and love you. MOm

That Kind of Girl said...

Dang, dude, I loved this post! I can totally relate to many of the entries you have listed here (though not the Wheat Thins one -- sorry, you're on your own there!). This definitely makes me feel less alone about being paralyzed by the idea of failure and, more importantly, not always rinsing out my measuring cups after dry goods!