Monday, September 21, 2009

Sweet Sweet Technological Innovation

I arrived home at 9:30 tonight after a long (and weird) day at work, an uber boring class where I was lectured at for literally 3 and half hours straight, only to be greeted by Nate slowly moving side to side with something in his hand.

What is this tiny little black gadget that is unfamiliar to me? None other than our wicked cool new camera. I wish I could explain to you how many steps back of photography evolution we took when we moved to our old camera after breaking ours.

The new features are blowing my mind..."burst mode," panoramic mode, video, settings for a whole host of picture opportunities (INCLUDING a gourmet food setting....Nigella eat your heart out).

So as I moved through the new settings I found one whose icon was a cat head. I asked Nate what it was for and he said "It's an animal setting for fast-moving animals."

Well of course, our only animal is Lucy, and I would put money on no one classifying her as "fast." I think it is fair to say her motto to life is: it's not a race, it's a marathon. But I digress.

I grab the camera and snap our light-on-her-feet kitty...

Here is the before shot (read: shotty camera)

Here is the after shot (i.e. sweet new camera)


Such better natural lighting, sharpness, oooohh...so happy.


Oh, I can feel the excitement building for our next food post, but you all are going to have to wait. We are leaving for vacation tomorrow night after class!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new camera makes Lucy look like a kitten again. A suggestion, don't tell people when you are going to be gone. A new trend for burglars is watching posts etc and know when they can strike with nobody home.
Uncle Todd

Nate Hanson said...

You forget we're leaving our fearless and feroucious cat Lucy to guard the house. Did you see those pictures? The new camera really brings out the bloodthirsty look in her eye.