Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gone Fishing

We just returned from a good three days up North with my parents. It is always a very fun and relaxing time filled with lots of fishing and good food. This year I was slightly detached from the relaxing with some work and school stuff going on, but it was still great to get away.

Of course my favorite part of fishing involves picking out the prettiest jig to use.

I call this one "barbie":
Debra and Alex will be super impressed to know we taught my Mom how to play Settlers of Catan and Set. She was all about Set....was actually practicing by herself. I sense a good Christmas idea. We also amped up Killer Bunnies with the Orange and Purple booster pack. Things are starting to get out of control for the Carrot Quest.
Anyway, enough dorky stuff.
The vacation was great. Nate got some SERIOUS grief from my Dad for having to accompany Katie and I on the Christmas in the Ozarks trip. I am pretty sure the phrase: "If you ever see me in Branson, you have my permission to club me" came directly from my Dad's mouth.
We hit the weather jackpot, and it couldn't have been more gorgeous. Morning and Night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GLAD YOU TWO HAD A RESTFULL GET-AWAY...LOOK LIKE GRAND WEATHER...ENVY YOU THE TIME SPENT 'UP NORTH'...HAVEN'T BEEN THERE ALL YEAR...MAYBE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS I'LL WANDER UP THERE...WELL, YOU HAVE YOUR REST AND FALL IS HERE...TIME FOR THAT 'HECTIC' TIME OF THE YEAR...GLAD YOU HAD FUN...HOPE TO SPEND SOME TIME WITH 'MOM EKERN' NEXT WEEKEND...LOVE TO YOU BOTH...TOF

Anonymous said...

Didn't know you had to name the lures. I bet Reid has some dandy names for the musky hunters. When in Branson are you kids going to cut a goat ropin CD?
Uncle Todd

emily said...

tonight i heard dave telling theo about a muskie bait... "the funky chicken." i'll have to show him "barbie."