Saturday, September 19, 2009

Badgerland

I headed to Madison on Thursday to recruit some new Badger talent for work. All employers were greeted with a welcome packets, nametag and a jug of Purell. I am not a germ freak by any sretch of the imagination, but with all of the hype about germs, and after shaking about 100 sweaty hands, I am pretty certain I am going to get the swine flu.



After recruiting was done, I was lucky enough to get to hang with Rachel the rest of the night. Driving through campus, I had crazy urges to roll down the window and yell "You don't know what you have" to students walking to class, students strolling on State Street on a Friday night, people laying on Library Mall, pretty much anyone living in Madison.


Ugh. How can I miss college so much? It is definitely one of those 'if I knew what I know now back then...' moments. The reality is I say I would study less, work less, party more, study abroad, take more risks, but I wonder if I really would? I like to think I would, but the question would remain would I be where I am today if I had taken that path.



If someone could just please invent a time machine we could put this theory to test. With the weeks I have had at work, with school, I would be willing to jump in that time machine and go back to a time when the most I had to worry about was studying for a test and making it to class on time.



I'm glad Rachel still lives there so I can go back to visit her and live vicariously through her Madison life. Who knows...maybe we'll end up there some day.

**New camera arrives Monday...get excited!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MEMORIES...HOW SWEET THEY ARE!!! SOUNDS LIKE GOOD TRIP...HAVE A GREAT 'UP NORTH' TIME...GET SOME SLEEP...AND CATCH A BIG ONE FOR ME...THAT'S A FISH BY THE WAY...MISS YOU....TOF

Anonymous said...

Do your part in the fight against swine flu...eat pork.
Uncle Todd

Debra Fiterman said...

I keep thinking every year I will miss it less but I don't. And Gert--I barely studied, I studied abroad, I rarely attended class and I went out nearly every night. And if I'm not mistaken, we had the same job for awhile there...what matters is that you were a BADGER and always will be :)

Amy J said...

Greta, you know I only live an hour and a half from Madison and you didn't tell me you were coming!!! Baaaad girl! Perhaps you already knew I was out of town anyway but I'm so sad I missed you!