Friday, January 30, 2009

The Art of Procrastination

I am fully capable of writing my first speech for MCOM and my first paper for my Strategy course.

I say I love to read so why shouldn't that apply to HBR cases?

And I've got me some mad writing skillz.

So why is it that Nate has left me alone in the house for 5 glorious hours this wonderful Friday evening and I literally cannot muster one ounce of desire to do my school work. My head is telling me to just try to get it done so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. And in all honestly I am kind of excited about one of the assignments (yes I know how big of a dork that makes me).

But my fingers don't want to type a speech or a paper. They want to surf the internet, search for vacation deals, book a family getaway to the Dells, update Facebook statuses, and fast forward TiVo.

I think I just work better under pressure. When there is no other option than to just buckle down and give whatever task is facing you a quick swift kick to the arse.

So I am hoping that swift kick comes tomorrow afternoon, or at the very minimum Sunday morning...because Lord knows that it isn't happening tonight because I just considered organizing my coupons so that I don't have to do school work. Someone save me!

5 comments:

Kate said...

Forget school...work on planning for the sun, sand and surf!!

Anonymous said...

i am the same way...until the day before something is due i won't do it...must be an ekern girl thing

Anonymous said...

COME ON GERTIE...GET WITH...SUPER BOWL ON SUNDAY!!!TOF

Anonymous said...

oh I have a great way to motivate you so you will never again be late on anything, and you will have incredible joy in doing it early and on time...once I get around to sending it to you.
Uncle Todd

Greta Hanson said...

Very intriguing Uncle Todd....