Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Close To Home

The economy woes hit too close to home yesterday as news that Target was doing layoffs spread throughout the Twin Cities.

I wanted to let everyone know that Nate does still have a job. Thanks to everyone who has called and emailed hoping that he is ok. I think it was a pretty rough day for him. A few of his buddies in his area got let go. He was telling me the one guy moved to Minneapolis for Target from Memphis, with a stay at home wife a two little babies.

As more news of job cuts come across the nation, I find myself more worried about the future and how this can possibly be fixed. I know it can because it has been done before, but it just seems insurmountable right now.

Thinking of Nate (or anyone for that matter) losing his job puts a lot of things into perspective quite quickly. I know I am guilty of complaining about things at my job that frustrate me or annoy me. Now I am just keeping my head down and thankful I have a job.

So thanks again, and if you are looking for ways to help...avoid Wal-Mart---shop Target. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary indeed. Vicki has done her part on avoiding wally world but it has more to do with the amish...you will have to ask her. You kids are bright and creative. write the book...you know which one...it will sell.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Best thing to do now is make sure you are valuable to your company, and make them aware of it...These are scary times...but things always work out.

Dad

Anonymous said...

HANG IN THERE KIDS...GROW AN GARDEN..HAVE REID CATCH FISH...AND SQUIRREL THE MOOLA AWAY...YOU'RE YOUNG AND TALENTED...YOU'RE BOTH IN DEMAND...ESP. WITH EACH OTHER...SO RELAX BUT BE SMART...NO PROB...TOF