Monday, January 5, 2009

Ringing in 2009

What more could I ask for for New Years? Becca, Nick and Finn came up to MSP for a few days to hang out and we had a great time with friends on New Year's Eve. 2009 is starting out on the right foot!

We did all sorts of fun stuff with Finn in Minneapolis. We checked out the display at Macy's (he was a little freaked), met his buddy Max at Punch for dinner one night, did the aquarium and amusement park at MOA, and just had general merriment.

More kisses for the turtle.....

We found a plush Ming Ming and Tuck at the Nickelodeon park and Finn had kisses and hugs galore. (and a few small, quick tears when they had to part).We even visited Nate at work. Nate was super excited to show Finn the free gumball machine. Finn got a kick out of it and didn't even notice that Nate was distributing the gumballs to everyone but Finn. Apparently just watching them come down was entertainment enough for him...plus Nate gave him a Target dog which got some smiles.



New Years Eve came and the Schusters and Wong/Plonske's made their appearance for the 2nd year of Champagne taste testing. We had 5 bottles (and a few were stinkers) to test out.. Ryan was the mastermind and host of the fabulous taste test..and kept us all in line. And in Joe's case..with a full glass.

Not surprisingly the FREAKIN Costco brand won. Why, you may ask, do I sound semi-annoyed with this winner? Because I am not kidding you in Minnesota if you do not have a Costco membership you are literally not in the club. And Nate and I---not in the club. Unfortunately I am pretty sure I may have made some statement about if the Costco brand wins I'll geta membership...hmmm
Finn and Max got to play around some but it was definitely late for both of them to be up!
Here is Mr. New Year's himself...

And as I settle into my very cold Monday morning, with the holiday's behind me, loads of work in front of me, and the family back in Viroqua and Chicago, I am sad to see everyone so far away again. But that's why we get together right? The memories stick with you and keep you warm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you and your sister look great for expecting triplets!
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

ONWARD in 2009!!!! Should be a great year!! The last picture of you and Finn is great! Need to get that one in my E-Z share.

Dad

Becca said...

YAY! Love this. These were some of MY favorite pictures :) I love that last one of you and Finn also. Have a good day hon!