Friday, January 9, 2009

Anywhere But Here

I just got back to Minneapolis. And I want to leave again immediately.

I went out to DC for work to meet with our partners and it was a WHIRLWIND 36 hours. We were busy, but we were productive.

And as I unlocked the door to my house, and instead of feeling a relief of being home I just felt underwhelmed.

I'm not sure why, and it isn't that I didn't miss Nate or wasn't excited to see him. If I could flee with him I would.

Perhaps it was that 40 degrees in DC felt like a tropical heatwave, perhaps it is because my days before I am back in school are dwindling, or perhaps it is still the post-holiday blues.

Either way, I feel unsettled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BE STRONG!! It's the Winter Blahs/Blues attacking full force!! January is a month you need to get up each day and grind your way through..Old Dad targets 2/15/2009 as my "We ARE GOING TO BEAT WINTER" day..By then the sun is up longer, the days are warmer, and it feels good being outside. PLUS its only 13 days to Finn Time!!!
Dad

Anonymous said...

HANG IN THERE GERTIE...I HEAR YOUR COMPLAINT...IT'S BEEN WINTER ALL TOO LONG BUT...WE ARE TOUGH MID-WESTERNERS!!! AND THANKS FOR THE DEWEY BOOK...IT'S PROBABLY IN ALL IOWA LIBRARIES...IT'LL BE A TREAT TO READ IT AT MY LEISURE...THE HOLIDAY BLOG WAS TERRIFIC!!!FINN-MAN WAS A DOLL...HANG TOUGH GIRL...LOVE YOU,TOF

Anonymous said...

I recomend push ups.
Uncle Todd