Monday, June 1, 2009

The Things One Does

I have been getting very creative with ways to adjust to my new free time now that school is out and Nate is studying for his GMAT.

Take a night last week. I decided I was in the arts and crafts mood. Headed out to trusty old Michaels (who by the way has horrible customer service) and picked out some tools to bring my brain-child to life.

What would this shiny idea be? Handmade garden signs for our newly planted garden.

Step 1: Saw the wooden plates in half, with some help from Nate.
Step 2: Make sure I had the correct spelling of each vegetable.
Step 3: Sketch each vegetable with pencil.
Step 4: Paint said vegetables.


And VOILA! Garden signs!

The broccoli is a little questionable...I think Iw ould have been better off just trying to draw a single stalk of broccoli, but I never said I was good at arts and crafts, just that I liked doing them.


So our garden is fully adorned, and ready to get some veggies sprouting. We have some greenage coming up in the radish row! WHOO HOO!
The bunny assualt plan is still working, although to be fair it never really was truly tested since we haven't seen the bunny back in our yard since Nate whipped a full water bottle at it and HIT IT...
Either way, I'll take it. Now if only I could rid my mind of the bunny dropping on impact and struggline to hobble back to the safety of the deck. Who knew my husband was a trained killer?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me you didn't just wound the bunny. Bunnies must be killed otherwise during their healing they make plans for the next urban assault. If enough bunnies are wounded, they will take over the world.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

I would suggest one more sign...a 4 x 8 piece of plywood...a painting of an eagle, in its death dive, talons flared...maybe that will be enough to scare off the bunny counter attack that is surely coming....Be afraid, be afraid....

dad

Nate Hanson said...

Don't worry you two, I keep a half full bottle of water ready to be chucked at a moments notice. They stand no chance!

Anonymous said...

if you freeze the water, you have a harder "bullet". When the bunnies get to investigating, the water will have melted by then thereby throwing them off eh?
Must think like the bunnies. Find your inner bunnie!
Uncle Todd

Debra Fiterman said...

Just get out your super powered, ebola killer bunny card. Should do the trick.