Sunday, June 14, 2009

Reading Machine

Some of you observant followers out there may have noticed that I have been going through books at a pretty good clip recently. It is due to a combination of the following reasons:

1) Summertime (i.e. no school, i.e. weather that begs to be spent on a deck/pool/beach with a book)
2) Nate studying every night leaving me all by my lonesome
3) A bum leg that is limiting the amount of running/exercise etc that I can really do
4) There are so many good books on my shelf that literally beg me to be read.

So for those of you who are seeking out there wondering if I actually liked the books I have read here is the moment you have been waiting for...

Curl up and Read It:
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
Still Alice
Little Bee

Not For Everyone:
Candy Girl
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (I really liked this one, but I it is different)
One Fifth Avenue

Turn the Page:
Dear American Airlines
The World Without Us
*Both of these books were dull, boring and could have been about 30 pages long.

I am currently reading Handle with Care, and while it is definitely a page-turner--it is also completely predictable in a Jodi Piccoult way...

If anyone out there has any good recommendations send them my way!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rustic Amish Privies of Vernon County by Ima Pion.
Uncle Todd

Scorpicon said...

Shouldn't it be "Don't turn the page"? ;-)

Becca said...

I know! That is my favorite part of AT. I am reading a ton also. Need to update my blog. I have read a couple of good ones.

Anonymous said...

wow!! you are hitting the 'fun' books...am trying that also but...am reading a book called Italian Shoes by a swedish author...it is really a scandahooooooovian story..dark,dark, dark...but it sort of grabs you...I'll send it your way when I'm done...I like finding those strange books...AND RME YOU DO NEED TO UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!!! tof