Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mil-Town

I headed to Milwaukee for a quick visit with Amy this weekend. It was a much needed Amy fix, and we had a great time.

We checked out an amazing Mexican joint Friday night and enjoyed the beautiful weather. We also went old-school style and went to the drive-in at Miller Park where we watched Anchorman and Jaws. To be honest, I can't say we really 'watched' Jaws as we moved to the nice warm hood of the car, curled up in sleeping bags and pretty much fell asleep.

Saturday morning brought Amy's volunteer program. LifeStriders is a riding center for children of varying disabilities. They interact, ride and enjoy the horses. Amy nevere ceases to amaze me with her commitment to different causes, and I love that she brings me into them. From the Polar Plung to LifeStriders she is always up for something new.

Well, we pulled up to LifeStriders, and check-in. The volunteer coordinator looks me up and down and says I can't even be in the BARN, let alone help in any sort of way. Amy asks her if I can fill out the forms so I can help, and
Volunteer Coordinator says "Well she needs to have her parental consent form. How old is she?".
I say, "27"
Volunteer Coordinator looks me up and down, eyes me suspiciously and says "I thought you were 14.".

REALLY!?! 14. I mean if someone were to say you look 21, or even 24 I would take that as a compliment. But 14? I was barely in a training bra at 14. Becca called me Angie Cina. I had just gotten over my "I don't want to wear blue jeans ever" phase. Seriously.
We hit up the town Saturday night, and capped off the evening with some amazing desserts and coffee...just like any typical 14 year old.

It was a great weekend, and it is always bittersweet to see Amy because I just want her to move here and be closer. I would move down by her too, but not until the smoking ban hits the city :)


And in the concluding part of my whirlwind travel week, I head to Stillwater tomorrow morning for an overnight offsite for work. Hopefully my hotel is a few notches above my most recent stay in NYC.

4 comments:

Amy J said...

Thanks for the kind words Greta...miss you already! xoxo Amy

Anonymous said...

You should have told the lady you were Vernon county amish, married at 11, and 3 kids by age 14 and to back off or Yoder is going to come kick thy ass.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

14??? I know how you feel...people say I look like 14 also...or did they say act....Hmmmmm...

dad

Anonymous said...

How about a bunnie update? I believe bunnies in town are unique bunnies. Do you know how to catch a unique bunnie?
Uncle Todd