Monday, June 29, 2009

LB

LB=Love Boston
LB also= pound.


As in pounds and pounds of pastry consumed.


Now, we did MANY things that did not involve pastries, and I will get to those tomorrow. But it is closing in on 9PM and for the last three nights that meant a box of 4 (yes count them 4 each night) desserts from Mike's Pastries.

Don't believe me? Here's the proof:
Night One:


Night Two:



Night Three:



We went the first night, and I am not sure if we even discussed whether or not we could be going back for night two. Dinner ended and we just went there, even though it was on the other end of town. It was like a magnetic cannoli force pulling us to the bright yellow canopy sign.

The cannoli's are SO good, even contestants from the Biggest Loser can't pass them up.

A girl even passed out waiting in line to get her delicious goodness. SMACK! And someone was yelling for water, a cold cloth, and does anyone have any sugar?!? (umm..yes in fact we are in a PASTRY shop).
Anyway, as you can tell, we heart Mike's Pastry. We hearted it so much we brought it back to our hotel room the 3rd night so we could get into expandable pants and enjoy the desserts in bed. Here was the best of the 3rd night...

Oh yeah...good thing we walked and walked and walked all day long every day. More to come!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys had a great trip!! Sounds like your mother would also heart Mike's pastry.....WHAT A GREAT JOB NATE DID ON HIS TEST!!! He's gotta like its over...can now concentrate on bunny control...
have a great day
dad

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you two had a great time. Nate nice work on the test. My last test involved a cranky nurse and a cup. Apparently some people have no sense of humor at the classic apple juice recycling gag.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

I KNOW I would LOVE Mike's pastry's! Boston is a very fun city and I remember having the best lobster every while there for a work conference. Glad you had fun and am now anxious for your next trip home.
Again, Congrats Nate on passing your exam. Good luck with your training for the Tri! Love, Mom

meghan said...

love this post...you look like you really love those pastries! Are there any good sweets in MPLS? You'll have to show me when I come up for a visit...I'm sure you know all those hot spots!

Becca said...

OH.
MY.
GOD....I want a pastry now.
I can't wait to have you verbally talk me through those bad boys...
They look AMAZING.
Wow. What a great trip.
We need to plan one. SOON. We have waited too long :)