Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hula Girl

Nate and I attended Rock The Garden yesterday for Nate's June SDN. The weather was absolutely perfect for an outdoor concert, the shaved ice was free-flowing and the people-watching was top notch.

I'm not sure what entertainment was better: the 4 bands that we actually paid to see, or this girl below (whom we adoringly called Hula).

(turn volume down as music in background is LOUD).

Now, when she first started in with the hula-hooping many questions raced through my mind:

Who come to an 7 hour outdoor concert and thinks to herself, "must bring hula hoop?" How did she explain this thing to security? Where did she get these mad hula skills? How can I get these mad hula skills? Most importantly, what liquid was in her camel-pak that kept her going for 7 hours? Surely it wasn't just water.

I left early to meet Rachel (who was in town visiting!!) but Nate kept me appraised of Hula's progress. Apparently at about 8PM, Nate insisted the ecstasy (or some other drug) kicked in and Hula kicked it up a level..literally. Leg kicks with the hula sweeping her lower leg, jumping around and more.

But this girl has cracked the code of being the life of the party. It got me to thinking that I really need to conquer a party trick. Since hula-hooping seems to be taken, perhaps I will get my Skip-it out and see what tricks I can do with that thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were too poor growing up on the farm to afford a hula hoop...we were pretty content making our HomeMade lawn darts out of a nail, corn cob, and 3 chicken feathers...ah, yes, the good old days....Now that is something you can party with, until someone loses an eye....:))

Dad

Anonymous said...

I know her!

She doesn't use drugs, and doesn't even drink! Her website is HarmonyHoops. Cool girl named Jessica. =)

Heather S

Anonymous said...

Reid is right. The rich kids had the 16 pack of crayola colors. I was shown how to light a stick on fire and then use it to write on the sidewalk. I was pretty good, I could make 8 shades of gray. Then there was my first drum set. Did you know quaker oats made drums?
Uncle Todd

Greta Hanson said...

I did not know that Quaker made drums..very interesting and great competitive intel.

Anonymous said...

Let us know when you have your party trick refined. You can practice on us when you are home. I remember several bruised ankles with your Skip-it and a few fly offs. That was a dangerous toy! How is the leg? Take care and stay cool! Love, Mom

Becca said...

DUDE! This hula girl is awesome.
I am all over it. Going to bring a hoop to staff meetings from now on to pass the time. see how that goes over. :0