Monday, May 4, 2009

Nigella Express: Episode 10

I love when we have somewhere to be the invites a dessert of some sort. I tend not to make dessert for just Nate and I, but there are so many delicious looking dessert recipes in Nigella.

So when we had the option to bring dessert to game-night we jumped on it!

Blackberry Crisp was the name of the game. And save for ONE quick stop to Costco to get some super cheap blackberries we had all the ingrediants in our pantry...a VERY important part of a good recipe. Seriously..I could probably remember every single ingrediant off the top of my head right now if I really tried, it was that easy.
As in, get home at 5PM, go for a quick 4 mile run, shower, and still have time to put the dessert together and get to game night by 7:15PM easy. (Granted we didn't bake it until we got there, but STILL).

Was it delicious? Yes
Am I bias? Sure
Would I make again? You can pretty much count on it.

I'm not one for mushy apples. I hate apple pie. I don't care for apple crisp, but warm blackberries with a buttery, oatmealy, nutty, cinnamony crust..any day.
P.S. A photo credit is due to Alex who took the "ours" picture. Nate and I forgot our camera, but he did a great stand-in job.

No comments: