Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

Nate put it best, "The weekend your parents come up for spring cleaning/summer preparedness is the single most productive weekend of our entire year."

And oh, how true this is. Here is the weekend by the numbers:

1 2-hour trek around the city in search of free mulch
2 Trips to Home Depot
35 bags of mulch
3 Trips to Jerry's Hardware
2 bags of grass seed and fertilizer for a 'state fair quality' lawn
$150- Virgin voyage to Costco (complete with 1 hot dog and fountain soda)
1 2-hour trek around the city in search of free mulch
2 Trips to Home Depot
35 bags of mulch-purchased at Home Depot
4 scoops of ice cream at Sebastian Joes
4 tickets to Gran Torino
1 18-inch Costco pizza
1st dinner at Tosca in Linden Hills

Oh yes..it was productive. Here are the men at work..which have a striking resemblance to..



And their output was pretty impressive. Dad was unstoppable...up at god knows what hour in the morning, and had practically built up a sweat by the time Mom and I were rolling out of bed.

Of course I can't go without mentioning the voyage to Costco. I was pretty surprised when I mentioned it and Dad said "I wouldn't mind going..". I think Nate oversold the hot dog which peaked his interest. Mom and I were swayed by the sample stations and got some green beans, turkey burgers, and more. No, you are not confused. This is not my weekly Costco post, although the lines sure seem to blur a little huh?

Here is Dad with his winnings...gotta love bulk baking soda to wash your hunting clothes in so that the deer can't smell you.

We had a great Mother's Day morning with brunch at Amore Victoria. They didn't disappoint and were still serving the salmon that was being dreamt about for the last 2 years. It was a great weekend.
Time flies when you're having fun, and even though there was lots of work involved, there was also lots of laughs and good times.

And just for you Dad...this is what I came home to after my run tonight: PROCREATING bunnies. Seriously. That means we have 27-31 days to get rid of these bunnies before we have a baby bunny infiltration...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great fun weekend!! I suggest purchasing bulk ammunition...
Have a great week!

dad

Anonymous said...

What a good Vernon County girl knowing the gestational period of bunnies. Costco virgin trippers don't get cherries? House is looking good. I am jealous of your grass. Multiple trips to the big box stores...now thats a good weekend.
Uncle Todd

Becca said...

Wish I could have put myself in the last photo of you and Mom! So cute. Glad you guys had a fun and productive weekend. Still in shock that you got Dad to a movie ;) Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

It was a great weekend, Thanks Nate and Greta! Costco was interesting and the samples do get you. I love eating out at all the great restaurant choices. It was successful because we got Reid to a movie and out to eat. Thanks again and see you in a few days. All my love and thanks to you both. MOM