Friday, May 15, 2009

Lesson Learned

Lesson learned: Somtimes you just have to know when to stop, even if that means wasting $10.

You may be asking just how did I learn this lesson? Well a lot of bad decisions along the way really helped nail this home.

Well let me rewind about a month ago when I purchased another class package at the best gym in the world The Firm. When you purchase a package, you have so many days to use said classes.

Well between a very busy April, and training runs, I didn't use my classes at the same rate that I typically did this winter. Bad decision #1: Thinking I could get the classes done in the first place.

Which bring me to this week when I had to do 3 classes in about 4 days or risk leaving them on the table. Did I stick to the classes I am used to doing no. Of course not. Let's try Funk and let's try Core. Bad Decision #2: Trying new classes.

Oh yeah, and let's try them back to back with less than 9 hours passing. Bad decision #3: Taking Funk at 7:30PM Wednesday, and Core at 6:15 AM.

Oh, and don't forget your 6 mile run on Thursday night at 5PM.

And that brings me to last night, when the soreness started to settle in. And my soreness, I mean it feels like I have broken ribs. I can't turn my neck (because once the core muscles are shot, you do sit-ups with your neck you know). My back mucles feel like I I spent the last three days picking rock (or at least what I would imagine it would feel like to pick rock). I actually WOKE MYSELF up everytime I shifted last night because I am so sore.

Will I do Funk or Core again? Absolutely.

Will I do them back to back? Absolutely not.

I am just sitting on the couch working from home hoping my house doesn't catch fire, or nothing happens that requires sudden movement, because there is no sudden movement ability right now.

4 comments:

Nate Hanson said...

I take it you won't be helping the boys move in the new furniture then huh Gert?

Anonymous said...

Diva Doug is Evil

dad

Anonymous said...

Fill the bath tub wtih ice cubes, enough water to cover the cubes, hop in (psych up first). Stay in as long as you can. Hop out, breathe...hop back in. Get under the water as much as possible. Once numb, get out, warm up stretch, help move new furniture...or go pick rock :)
Uncle Todd

Becca said...

PAIN is WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY - courtesy of a US ARMY DRILL INSTRUCTOR.

You are guys are so HOOAH!

Fit as they get.