Friday, May 28, 2010

Rut

I'm in a blogging rut. I feel pretty un-inspired this past week. No wit to be shared. No cooking was done. No big secret date nights out.

It's weird. This was my first week of truly not having 'anything' after work (school, party to plan, etc) an dI have to admit it was nice, but last night at about 8:30 I could feel the restlessness setting in.

We did however get a few good things done this week:

1) We planted our 'double the size' garden. Between our garden and the CSA we are splitting with our neighbors we are going to have vegetables coming out of our ears.

2) We started and stopped a new home search. Seriously, we found a brand new construction house in our hood and were running financial models and everything to figure out if we could afford it. BUT, the location sucked, so we stay in our tiny home that is located in a spot we love.

3) We have downloaded a lot of fun apps for my new toy: the iPAD! I found Boggle and another crazy word game last night, and I have to say all I do now is play on the iPad....no reading. no TV, no phone, nothing. All technology, all the time.

4)We discovered another leak in our basement. Awesome---(and hence the new home search). Luckily our friends at Just Being Frank are amazing, and hooked us up with some great plumbers so those woes should be fixed shortly.

5) Run. Lots of short runs this week as I am trying to make up for lost time. I did very little training for the half-marathon I have coming up this weekend and I am seriously concerned that I am going to be crippled on Sunday after the race. Nate will have to piggyback me to the car. BUT it is BratFest in Madison so at least it's something to look forward to after the race.

That's the update...wish there was some more excitement to add in but it is what it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see an IPOD intervention in the future...

dad

Anonymous said...

You are going to get carpal thumbal...and hairy palms if you keep ipading...
Uncle Todd

Becca said...

Well. Your blog rut last um, 2 days? Mine might be lasting a life time :)