Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Perks

While there may be many frustrating things about working for a gigantic company, there are also some pretty cool perks that I get to partake in from time to time.

Take today for example. I leave work at 6, and head to the movie theater to join all of my co-workers, and their significant others for a private screening of the new Shrek movie, which will release this weekend. WHICH also means I get my all-time favorite dinner--POPCORN! And double bonus, this theater has caffeine free Diet Coke. Could it get any better?

After aforementioned movie, we head home turn on the TV to watch Biggest Loser. This episode was waited with much anticipation because there was a PROMISE of my 1.7 seconds of fame as the producers of Biggest Loser were in town filming a Last Chance Workout at my office last week. And sure enough...there I was bopping around the floor, doing some peppy side-steps with a VERY serious and concentrating look on my face. But still....it's not every day you are on national TV, even it was for literally a blink of an eye.

So I crawl into bed tonight looking forward to work tomorrow because without my job not only would I not have a house, food in my cupboards and a car to drive, but I would not get to go to the movies for free or be on national TV.....all very important things. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw you Gert!!! If you need an agent, I'll volunteer....see ya in a few days for the BIG PARTY!!!

dad

Anonymous said...

Will there be any re-runs?...and not re-run like the character in that one lame show that I can't remember the name of...
Uncle Todd

Amy J said...

Pahcorn