Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2nd Annual Festivus Cookie Decorating

Last night marked the 2nd Annual Festivus Cookie Decorating event...and it did not disappoint.

After spending 1 hr and 10 minutes in my car to go 4 miles because people in MN don't know how to drive, I was so happy that we had friends coming over to eat, drink and laugh with. And Nate was happy because we got a pizza from Bunny's...seriously he is obsessed with that place.

ANYWAY...Lindsay, Rachel and Debra arrived and the combining of Christmas with our favorite Jewish friends commenced.

It got serious right away this year. Last year we eased into the detail work but this year it was straight for the toothpicks to get our masterpeices created.




There was some serious diappointment that Nate and I had lost the toy soldier cut-out so we will be on the look out for a new one.

Now for those of you who have been reading along with us for the last year, you may remember Nate's first attempt at cookie decorating. He must have been doing some closet decorating practice the last year because he had some great improvements.

The favorite of his was the tree..you can't really see the details but picture a 'popcorn chain' made of white frosting dots. You can also see his attempt at a snowman..maybe not his best work given the belly button he was insistent on giving him...

And the obligatory senior picture pose in front of the Christmas Tree....


I was given strict instructions to find white sugar crystals and a toy soldier cutter for next year, so stay tuned for year 3!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

OOH yay! This post made me laugh OUT LOUD. I did remember Nate's interesting work from last year. Cool to think you've been blogging for a whole year right?! The cookies look amazing. And I love the senior picture group shot. You look really cute. And really happy. Two very good things to be. Safe me the snow man with the belly button! :)

Anonymous said...

I believe Nate was weed laying last year with the decorating skills just to make you feel good. Now on south park the jewish kids made macaroni art...where are the macaroni cookies?
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

You're ahead of me! I have new cut-out cookie dough made but not baked yet. I can help you out with sugars. It looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to have you home, Safe travels, Love,Mom