Friday, December 19, 2008

Tag Part Deux

I have been tagged again by Emily! Just in time for some Friday procrastination.

This time the rules are as follows:

Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog... some random, some weird. Tag 7 friends at the end of your post.

So here goes...

1) One time while I was walking home from elementary school I found a dead opossum that had a rope tied around its neck. I decided it would be a great idea to drag it the remainder of the way home and play a 'prank' on my Dad. Needless to say it worked (my Dad hates opossums) and definitely made for a good story...albeit paints me as a freaky child. I am ok with it and hey..the rules state weird stories.

2) I do a lot of things with my feet. They are constantly moving, and in some cases helping me mutli-task. Just ask Nate. If I see a sock that is out of reach, I'll let my little monkey toes to the grabbing for me.

3) When I am alone in my car, I sing. I sing a lot, I sing loud, and I pretend that I am really good at it.

4) I have an irrational fear of getting hit in the face with a hockey puck. In fact I really find hockey extremely unenjoyable for this reason. Last year we went to a professional Wild game and were way up in the 2nd tier and I still ducked everytime I heard a slapshot.

5) When I was a kid, I had some teeth issues (read: headgear and braces). For some ridiculous reason I was adament about wearing that stupid headgear for exactly as long as the Dentist told me to (such a rule follower). This lead to pictures of me with headgear at a Christmas concert, a football game, and more. How did I get like this?

6) I have 'witch powers.' No, you don't need to burn me at the stake, but just weird things. I can't explain it, but it is true. Nate will totally vouch for me and can probably supply some great examples.

7) I am fairly superstitious about weird things. For example, I will never call in sick to work because I firmly believe that I will then get sick. Maybe this makes me more a believer of karma than superstition. Hmmm....

Alright those are my random and weird 7 things.

Now who to tag: Tag Uncle Todd, Debra, Kara, Rachel Rosen, Amy J, Meghan and Emily Ekern.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok one of these times I am going to make up my own tag game and everyone will have to participate or else the little red headed step-child amish ridgie kid who was imported from arkansas can't get his buck tooth fixxed...we know the tooth brush was invented by the ridgies because otherwise it would be called the teeth brush.

1. my friends say I have gorilla feet when I am doing deep water barefoot starts by how my feet wrap around the rope.
2. I like the smell of diesel fumes.
3. I like to ask people to hold something, hand it to them, and then walk away.
4. I remove my own stitches.
5. While basing the middle of a 3 high waterski pyramid I peed. Odd thing was my wife was spotting in the boat and could tell I had peed by the content look on my face.
6. Never ever pee while sitting on the tail gate of a truck going 60 mph down the road with a bunch of people in the topper with you. They get mad. (negative pressure - you cipher it out..:)
7. Accidently getting your wedding tackle caught in your zipper hurts just as much getting it unstuck.

So I will tag Reid and Nancy, the next male who reads this, the next twins who read this, and the first siamese twins who read this - wait do they count for 1 or 2???
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. Get your friends gift certificates for Farm and Fleet so they can be better prepared for the weather. Did weather stop Ghandi from invading the Swiss on elephants? Did weather stop us from defending the battle of the bulge? "Nuts!" was the answer to the Germans. So, roast some nuts, nock the top off a couple of premiums and party like Elvis was coming to town. (actually I last heard Elvis was living in Northern Minn so check local listings in the phone book eh?)
Uncle Todd

Amy J said...

OK..I can do this I will tell myself! BTW probably the biggest reason I'm doing this is because there is only a small % of people who read this blog who actually know me :)
1.) I don't think picking your nose is gross. In fact I find it quite enjoyable.
2.) If it were nutritionally and socially acceptable and possible, I would eat cereal for every meal, every day. Specifically, PB Captn Crunch (sorry to the big G).
3.) I'm pretty sure in my first life I was a fish that got eaten by a shark. NOT funny...many terrifying nights of recurring dreams.
4.) I have a complex about the phrase 'Objects in mirror are larger then they appear.' It makes absolutely NO sense - and don't even try to make me see the light - you're all wrong!
5.) My mother and my mother in law now work at the same place...YIKES!!
6.) I'm a big fan of the GOOD SH** and I like Ridgie kids!
7.) My boss looks like a white Obama.

Anonymous said...

NICE! First of all I cringe thinking about Todd taking his own stitches out, and I haven't stopped laughing at you nose picking confession Amy. Where do you 'mothers' work now? Do they both work at the school?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Todd!!! I know my 7 will definately NOT be as creative or funny but I will try.....
1. I love the smell and taste of chocolate and coffee. 2 of my favorite food groups.
2. Reflectively I appreciate growing up in a small town on a dairy farm. I had great parents and I learned how to work...and heard many times "Work never killed anyone", or "If nothing else you'll know how to work".
3. I am a worrier and with age it has gotten worse. I know it is a waste of enery but how do you stop?
4. I had my 2 front teeth knocked out freshman yr of college playing intramural broomball-involving ice, regular shoes, ball, and broom. Bet my folks loved that phone call!
5. During my internship and early years of lab work we mouth pipetted everything from whole blood to acid. Talk about learning fast. We also washed and reused many items that are disposable today (glass slides etc)
6. I am prejudice of people that are extremely overweight. This is a hard one to admit.
7. I love spending time fishing, gardening, baking, stitching -with friends, and family.
I tag TOF-Cathy Mom-Nancy