Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Christmas Fun Begins!

Nate and I went to get our tree on Sunday! This is our first non-Vernon County tree so we were pretty bummed about that, and definitely had some high standards.
We headed out to Long Lake..or somewhere seemingly far away. I was still feeling not great at all as we undertook this adventure, but time is wasting away and we needed to get a tree before they were all picked over. Needless to say I was all about a very quick decision.

After gasping at the pre-cut prices of $110. (seriously Dad...not even kidding)..we grabbed a saw and headed out into the tree fields, for a much more reasonably (Although not vernon county beating) price.
We wanted a Frasier, and thought this one was really nice. Now that it is in the house, it has some seriously wonky sides to it, but I am trying to tell myself it just has 'character'.

Nate was INSISTENT upon me carrying the tree for a picture. Considering I hadn't really eaten anything solid in 2 days, I was less than enthused....think it shows here...


And Nate had this weird thing about me capturing the perfect picture of him taking a step..I can only assume to make it look like he is walking..But I am still perplexed as I don't know anyone who walks like that unless they are doing a marching band routine or something. Who knows...I only married the guy! :)

Next up on Christmas Fun: Trip with my friends to NYC to see the holiday window displays, go ice skating, eat good food and more!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All good Norwegian women pull the X-mas Tree from the forest, it's a national tradition.....

Have fun in NYC!!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

I believe Nates walk is from the Monty Python ministry of silly walks and it is rare to see it in the natural setting. Good thing the photo was captured.
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Greta-Why don't you ask Nate? Maybe you could learn something about his childhood. Most wives care somewhat about traditions from his family.

Nate Hanson said...

What kind of person would write/say that? Greta's blog statement was meant to be a rhetorical statement. Of course she knows why I requested the picture that way and she respected it enough to post about it on her blog. Your last comment is exetremely offensive to me, I think it is ridiculously unjust to judge Greta as a wife. If you want your opinion to carry any weight whatsoever please post again and let me know who you. You could at least be respectful enough to sign your name if you are going to post anonymously! For the record I am happy with traditions that Greta and I have made together and happy that this one of mine is part of that!