Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Weather Outside Was Frightful....

So I know a lot of Christmas songs...and I am pretty sure there isn't a merry Christmas ditty that speaks of weather cancelling a party you have been excitedly planning for a month.

And if there were a Christmas song about this subject it would have to be sure to include a line about "have fun eating leftover party food (i.e. horrible for you) for the next week"...

Yes, our fabulous 1950's retro holiday cocktail party was cancelled. In homage to the party that never was, Nate and I wore our glasses all night to make ourselves feel better while eating Christmas cookies, deviled eggs and potato chips with french onion dip.

Here we are with our sad faces:

6 comments:

Becca said...

Great photos you too! Awww. the pouty lip on Nate is too precious. And I think you should wear those cat eyes Gert. They are awesome. Sorry about your party. And sorry I was weird on the phone tonight. Must have been all those brain cells I killed last night. Luv u.

Anonymous said...

No such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. Get your friends gift certificates for Farm and Fleet so they can be better prepared for the weather. Did weather stop Ghandi from invading the Swiss on elephants? Did weather stop us from defending the battle of the bulge? "Nuts!" was the answer to the Germans. So, roast some nuts, nock the top off a couple of premiums and party like Elvis was coming to town. (actually I last heard Elvis was living in Northern Minn so check local listings in the phone book eh?)
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

I have some of the GOOD SH*T that will take the pouty lip off of Nate....:)) See you guys in a couple of days...DRIVE SAFE!!!

Dad

Amy J said...

Damn Reid I'm gonna need you to send me some of the good SH**

Anonymous said...

Amy - we brewed our own this year. I was Reids assistant and we made 3 batches. Almost worth a trip to Vernon Co. You and Patrick are welcome anytime!
Merry Christmas, Nancy

Kate said...

Lookin' hot, Gert!