Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years

My behindedness (is that even a word...perhaps Webster will pick it up along with refudiate...) is slowly going away as I shrink the gap to 4 days behind on the going on's of Nate and I.

We were happy to celebrate New Years with our friends Katie and Ryan, and even MORE happy to finally meeting some of Ryan's famed buddies. I mean, these are the guys that knows 'the man, the myth, the legend'--one Ryan Plonske in his true glory days. Although, I would argue Ryan will never fully be out of his glory days.
We enjoyed dinner at one of our favorite spots in town, Cafe Lurcat, which always knows how to end a good meal: with warm cinnamon and sugar doughnuts. Mmmmm.

I have to admit, things got a little embarrassing as we watched an i-kid-you-not AT LEAST 85 year old couple push through the crowd to make it to the dance floor at about 11:45, about the time I started yawning and looking at my watch. But it was insipring to say the least--Note to self: don't use age as an excuse to not do really fun stuff in the future.

So here's to another year of doing lots of fun stuff, be open to trying new things, and staying up past midnight :)

No comments: