Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Friend Filled Weekend

You know it is going to be a good weekend when Amy comes to town and this weekend didn't disappoint. Thank god she was here or this weekend would have shaped up to be the worst weekend ever between flash flooding in our basement, and the discovery of carpenter ants settling into our basement ceiling. More to come on that later...

Back to the good stuff which started with a delicious Indian meal, and some bowling. Seriously, I can't even remember when the last time I went bowling was, but it's gotten pretty high-tech. Amy forgot socks, and bam! Sock vending machine at your service..

Amy showed both of us up with her mad bowling skills and seriously awesome strike dance. I tried to replicate, but it really is one of a kind.

God decided to stop the flood  long enough for us to enjoy a bike ride on Saturday to the Farmers Market and the local Minneapolis scenery. We may or may not have forgotten sunscreen...


There was some weird dough-ball thing at the Farmers Market that smelled incredible and had fresh raspberries in the middle, so we decided to go for it and they were quite tasty. I don't have the slightest clue what they were actually called, all I remember ist hat I couldnt't pronounce it. Very helpful I know.


We took in soem shuffleboard, karaoke and beer Saturday night as the rain continued. I learned that it is very important when singing in a bar to have your 'kabuki' songs ready so you can pull them out at a moments notice. Apparently everyone at the bar that night had an entire arsenal of kabuki songs because they were pretty much professional.

Today we went to the Pride Parade which quite honestly deserves its own post all together so stay tuned for that.

It was such a fabulous weekend with Amy. It is always so great to spend some time with her and whenever she leaves I get to thinking.....why don't I live near Chicago and Milwaukee??? Maybe someday.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy Anderson with an "O" looks great!!! I think you both should move to Viroqua...bring hubbies too...

Dad