Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cooking Light: Episode 5

I feel like life and therefore this blog are blah-blah-boring right now.To be honest, between work, school and some intermittent work-outs, I feel like I have no time to squeeze in anything fun. Unless of course you count sleeping as fun...then yes, I get about 5-6 hours of fun each day.

BUT, Nate and I do continue to try to cook at least one new recipe a week from our awesome Way to Cook cookbook. This week was Black Bean Quesadillas with Corn Salsa.


Ok, Quesadillas are not rocket science people. Nate actually makes them quite often when I am not eating with him, but there is just something about a new recipe that suddenly fancies it all up. The reality was not that fancy. Tomatoes, Black Beans, cilantro, garlic, cheese.

What was novel, was that our book had this under the "Way to Broil" section, and we typically just do our 'dillas stove-top. But we broiled...it was nice to have them all done at the same time...but other than that nothing newsworthy.

All in all...a good 'plus-up' of a standard dinner option!

AND for all of you who requested the Chicken with Cider and Bacon Sauce recipe, check back in the comments for the full recipe! Happy cooking!

1 comment:

Promotional Printing said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe of Chicken with Cider and Bacon Sauce. I'm looking forward for more Chicken recipe 'cause you know, I so love chicken. :)