Tuesday, March 23, 2010

BEP

You may remember last month that I had my first 'going out after school experience..".

Well...enter in last night where I had my first ever skip out of class early to go to the greatest concert on earth experience.

So one of the Director's I work with secured the executive suite for the Black Eyed Peas concert and I got a free ticket. Which was amazing in and of itself. (Side note: I originally turned this offer DOWN because I had class, and then Nate talked some serious sense into me and told me to skip my stupid class and go..).

But then I get to the concert and LUDACRIS is opening...and he played every single song from college that I love: Move Bitch, Area Codes, Money Maker, You's a Hoe...I know really classy stuff right? But don't knock it until you've heard it. And him...because he was amazing.

Then BEP came out and KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK. I thought for sure Fergie was lip synching because she was so good...but no girl can lip sync that dead on for 2.5 hours. Plus she can seriously rock a glittery, spandex jumpsuit.

I'm not going to lie...it was a little awkward sitting in a corporate suite with my co-workers getting down to some of Luda's music but mostly because every time I kept looking back they all looked like they had just heard their first swear word. And it only got worse when the cameraman panned in on this fly girls giant booty shaking dance on stage for like 3 minutes.

But that's why they call it team-building right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the corporate team building outings...did it help build the team?
Uncle Todd

Anonymous said...

Any "leaving the dock" songs in there???

dad

Greta Hanson said...

If by build the team you mean we were brought together by joint feelings of discomfort...then yes. It built the team.

Dad...there could be some potential dock songs..We'll have to hook some up in your fancy new, and by new I mean Mom's hand me downs, iPod.

Scorpicon said...

Sounds like an awesome show! I'd be more jealous if Fergie got sick that night, and BEP had to play only their old songs. ;-)

That Kind of Girl said...

Dude, that's AWESOME! Good thing Nate talked some sense into you -- you would have been crazy to miss the concerts, lame music-prude co-workers or no.

Becca said...

So glad you went.
Can't believe Luda opened.
He's one fly dude.

Amy J said...

LUDA!