Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Justice Police: Back in Action

For 8:45AM in the morning, I am REALLY fired up. Ask Nate...I just stuffed about 20 minutes worth of onversation into 3 minutes.

So, my Professor just posted grades for our reflection papers that were due last week. Of partial importance is the fact that the prior paper I turned in was returned with a 100% and a note that said it was the best paper in the class.

So imagine my surprise, when I get a 1 out of 3 on this paper, even though I pretty much did the exact same thing. Her note this time told me how exceptionally excellent my writing and reflections were but that I didn't have any implications for marketers which was a 'big' part of the assignment.

Now I should note that in said grading scale a 3 is 100% and a 1 is 86.5% so it's not the end of the world. But the Justice Police Chief in me cannot let this go.

In the syllabus shes states that that 75% our papers content is supposed to be about our reflection and 25% is Marketing implications. Don't call it a REFLECTION paper if two-thirdds of your grade is made up of 25% of the paper. I call bullshit.

P.S. Because I actually have real-world experience in the EXACT topic of buyer behavior my reflections ARE implications for marketers. Eat it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

5/4 ths of the people in the world have trouble with fractions...back in my day it was 100-94 A, 93-88 B, 87-81 C, 80-75 D, If you couldn't get 3/4 correct you flagged out. Having stated that the only reason I passed freshmen algrebra was because of my awesome ability to clean out my teachers (Bertha Johnson) horse trailer after we got done using it for moving pigs...now THAT is a Wisconsin farm curve for grading...
Uncle Todd

Scorpicon said...

I think we need more Justice Police posts.

Anonymous said...

You go Girl....Maybe you will get a JD Powers survey on her, give HER a 1..sounds like a good cocktail hour story tomorrow!!!

dad

Amy J said...

Yeah! Eat It!

Amy J said...

BTW Greta, I 3/4ths read your blog because you're an awesome blogger but the 1/4 goes to Uncle Todd. Do I know you Uncle Todd? You're F'n hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Amy, You might be able to find photos of me at your local post office...
Uncle Todd

Faith | Postcard Printing said...

Justice police is not being observed these days. Good thing you posted something that'll remind all of the bloggers to at least observe this kind of posts every now and then.