Thursday, February 25, 2010

A First Time For Everything

For the first time in almost 4 years of being in school, I did something AFTER class last night. This is quite the task....because when you are up and at 'em on a Spin bike by 6AM and go through an entire day's work, followed by sitting in class until 9PM, nothing calls your name stronger than pajama pants and a remote control.

BUT, it was my friend and book club co-hort, Rachel's, birthday and she is quite a rock star at Karaoke and so her part was aptly located at the local karaoking hole. And rock the mic she did along with her other party guests.

I felt like I was living on the edge...going out after class on a WORK NIGHT. Live. It. Up. Nate had a beer. I got my hand kissed by the 'everyday resident' of this bar: Stoner, and a merry time was had by all. And I didn't die at work of over-tiredness. Sure I couldn't quite pull my ass out of bed to work out this morning (or Nate's for that matter), but fun > workout.

So life lesson learned: you can have fun on a week-night after 9PM and still function like an adult. Whoopee! Look out Minneapolis....here I come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats right!!! Old dad will be running around like a teenager the next two nights...probably won't get home until 10 or so....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, glad you are always pushing your limits. SO.....how are you feeling today?
Love, Mom

Rachel Rosen said...

Yay! It WAS fun! And I was so happy that you both came.

Glad to hear the morning after wasn't as rough on you as it was on me. Maybe it had something to do with the 5 whiskeys....urgh, I can't even type the word without my stomach turning...yuck! :-)